10.2.2 Simple Ayurvedic Steps to Loose
There are several simple steps that anyone can do to lose weight. The following steps, if done daily, will help you to feel better in one week, and will help you lose several pounds each month. This will give you more energy and confidence to proceed further with other Ayurvedic therapies. Begin by doing the following:
- Sit down when you eat; never eat while walking or standing as it takes away energy (prana ) from your digestive system.
- Do not read or watch TV while eating; this also takes energy (prana) from your digestion.
- Eat only when your stomach is empty, usually four hours after you have eaten the previous meal. This allows the previous meal to be fully digested.
- Do not take the next bite of food until the previous one is swallowed.
- Wait five minutes before taking another serving of food; usually you will not be hungry after waiting a few minutes.
- Eat whole fresh foods with abundant prana
- Eat less.
- Enjoy what you eat! Eating is a pleasurable action; prepare your food with love and enjoy eating it.
The most important thing to cultivate is self-love. Inner well-being will result in weight loss, but weight loss will not necessarily result in self-love.